Daily deliveries have become routine for many residents as a result of the shift to online shopping. You love the benefit of having goods left at your main entry, but there is a downside. Those packages sitting in the open are enticements to potential burglars. Porch piracy continues to be a real problem, but you have the chance to take action against it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are great tools to dissuade porch pirates, but they give you so much more.
Take a moment to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll come to be a crucial part of your smart home.
Advantages of a San Francisco video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of innovative features, and the technology continues to improve. You can now customize detection zones, talk to people on your porch, and get real-time alerts whenever something arrives.
The best way to find out how a San Francisco video doorbell camera works is to delve into the various advantages it can provide. Think about the following features:
- Active theft deterrent: You aren’t able to find this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that take action in deterring theft with warning lights and sounds. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know that you are watching.
- All-encompassing camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of people at your entry and items on the surface below. Options with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a total perspective.
- High-resolution streams any time of day: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the benefit of installing a doorbell camera? Top models will give you exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You can get automatic updates from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between visitors and boxes.
- Speak with whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your main entry? Bi-directional audio lets you inquire about what they want. You could even utilize this helpful feature to deter people loitering around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will let you reduce false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home offers you the opportunity to access real-time and saved video directly from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like you’ve never been before, as you may interact with them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when something or someone arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even allow you to communicate with the individual at your door. These devices have turned into game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.