Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your San Francisco smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the center of your security system as it incorporates your security sensors, locks, thermostats, and cameras into a unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in total command of your San Francisco home’s automation and security. Learn more about what it can do and find recommendations to get you started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in San Francisco help you?
Wirelessly connecting to components with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You may disarm or arm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even chat with whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub has a backup battery and cellular capability for added reliability. It also gives you convenient remote operability through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or saved video from all connected surveillance cameras
- Arm and disarm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in San Francisco by implementing schedules or creating rules. For example, you might have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a certain time. Or, you can add rules like having your entrances unlock if the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just abide by these instructions:
- Press the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will still be present in your house and arms all sensors besides interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and everything in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you would like to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in San Francisco
Although various users can be entered when your system is installed, you will probably want to add another user in the future. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) at the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote access, select email or phone and submit the information to dispatch an invitation.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the new user.
- To delete a user, simply proceed to the menu, tap users, pick the user you wish to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Would you like to take control of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-operate touchscreen dashboard? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new San Francisco home security system. Dial (415) 969-9484 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.